Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

New pain issue after lumbar fusion surgery

Hello everyone
I had the posterior lumbar interbody fusion surgery L5/S1 February 7. I have been doing really good  2 weeks ago I was having my yearly exam and I was getting off the exam table and my foot slipped and I almost did the splits. Since then my back has been sore as if I pulled a muscle so I have just been taking it easy. For the last couple of days my pain seems to be getting worse. I am experiencing a dull achy on going pain in my lower back and today I am hurting what feels like on my spine whether I am standing or laying regardless if I take my pain meds or muscle relaxers. I am not sure what is going on. Has anyone else had these pains?
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,170
    ladylance, if you are still in pain you need to see your doctor asap.
    I can easily say my back hurts standing or laying but that doesn't mean we have the same issues. Everyone's pain is different and comes from a different source.
    If you would like more information, click on the link below.
    Welcome to Spine Health
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thank you for your advice
  • advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,271
    I second the advice to call your surgeon. Hopefully its nothing but better to be safe than risk even more damage
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• Thank you today has been worse for sure Im having a hard time walking. I have an appointment with my doctor this Monday. Fingers cross i will advise then. 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,170
    Start making notes over the week end of what seems to irritate it. Keep a journal of when you hurt and what you are doing.
    I have always done for every appointment so I don't forget anything. And the more clues he has the better to figure this out.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Great idea thanks
advertisement