Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Question about cause of neck and shoulder pain

Hi.  I've been experiencing pain for a while.  It started with a back spasm that was a knot in my mid back about a month ago, then moved to my lower back for a week or so.  Now, I've had pain in my upper back and neck for about a month.  The symptoms are very stiff neck if I sit in a chair for more then 30 minutes, shooting pain the goes from my upper back to my left shoulder if I turn my head to the left.  I have dull pain in the area when not moving.  If I raise my left arm over my head and move around, I hear clicking in my shoulder and in my upper mid back.  The stiffness in next doesn't occur unless I'm sitting.  It doesn't feel worse after I sleep.  The pain is pretty constant throughout the day.  I never had this type of pain before.  Doesn't feel like it's getting better but also not getting worse.  I used to lift weights quite a bit, a little over weight now and probably have had posture and sit a lot for my job.  Looking to see if any doctors can give me an idea of what's going on or someone that may have had similar experience.  Cold packs don't seem to do anything, stretches haven't been working and massages didn't do much.  Any thoughts?
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,928
    joshsoldit
    Welcome to Spine Health
    There are no medical professionals on this forum site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice. Everything that is posted here is based on personal experiences and perhaps additional research.
    Have you seen any type of doctor for this? It might be something you should have checked out.
    Please click on the Welcome link below for more information.

Welcome to Spine Health
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 795
    joshsoldit - Have you seen a doctor about you neck issue(s)?  I'd highly recommend getting some imaging of your neck, even simple x-rays.  Given my own history of neck issues, for you symptoms to "hang on this long", I think you deserve it to yourself to get at least some simple diagnostics.  With today's digital x-rays, it's amazing what they can find.
  • advertisement