Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

cervical dizziness/ neck stiffness and severe pain/ arm and shoulder heavyness

Hello everybody. I am a new member and I have recently done a C spine MRI. I have been very impatient to get my results and so I asked my doctor and here they are:

C4--5: mild left uncovertebral spurring with patent neural foramina
C5-6: there is a small left lateral focal disc protrusion mass effect on the left lateral recess without canal stenosis. Mild left neural foraminal narrowing

Is anybody there that can help me to understand what does it mean?

thank you so much for your help!

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,704
    edited 04/03/2017 - 3:18 PM
    Hello alefon21
    There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Please click on the link for useful information
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,229
    aelfon21
    As Liz stated, we are not capable or permitted to give analysis of a test. This should strictly come from your doctor.
    I'm curious, since you have the results, have you been able to speak with your surgeon about this?
    If not, I would make an appointment to discuss it.
    Keep us posted, take care.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Hello Alefon,

Why don't you tell us how you feel.  What have you done to control your pain?  What your doctors recommend.  I have major issues at c4-c7 now and have had surgery so I can tell you about that if you would like.  I can also tell you how I felt pre-surgery.  Try to give us some info.  Look forward to hearing from you.

dmo

• hello,
    I know the symptoms you describe in your subject line.  I could give my Internet diagnosis but it probably wouldn't be right and you deserve accurate results.  See your doctor and tell him your symptoms.   I think the cervical MRI will be useful for him/her.  
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,229
    I have found that internet diagnosis are not good ideas. You read about what it might be and what it could be and start worrying about the what "if's". 
    You are better off making notes of your symptoms and discuss them with your doctor.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
advertisement