Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic neck spasms

I I was 39 when I was diagnosed with severe cord compression that needd emergency surgery to relieve the pressure from my spinal cord. Ever since that surgery I have had major spasms that starts in my neck and travels down my shoulder and chest and eventually in my back , I also get major headaches. The pain is always there sometimes more severe than other times. It can get worst with my menstrual cycles. Any ways after many years of going to different doctors and pain management they diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and the onlything they could do was to put me on very strong antidepressant and pain killers that offerred me no relief.
Eventually I found a neurologist that agreed to give me a botox injection in my neck that changed my life. After fighting 6 years of non stop pain that injection stopped my spasms. I did that 3 times every 3 months and I was doing relatively well for almost 2 years. I had reduced my work hours, because when I get tired the pain reappers. and unfortunately lately our workload had increased drasticaly and I didnot take my breaks and launches at work and once again my pain is back. I went for another round of botox injection, but unfortunately I haven't had the same result this time, I continue to have major spasms in my neck and shoulder. I am off work for now.
I am depressed that it didn't work again, I don't why ! 
I suggest the botox injection , you have nothing to loose, but get it just in your neck and not your shoulders , because this  time I had botox done in my shoulders as well as my neck after which I could hardly lift my arms now!
Good luck, 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,905
    padibmehr
    Welcome to Spine Health
    As I read this, I gather you got a couple of things going on. One being Fibro and the other your neck. And I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I've been though it too, except with my back. And, I have Fibro.
    I had a Botox injection a few months ago and it only helped a few days, I was so disappointed. But I've heard where it helps a lot of people. Have you discussed with your doctor what are the next options?
    Keep going, keep trying, you will find something for relief.
    **New member information guidelines/checklist** will provide some ideas of things to share with the community. This can be found with the search engine at the top right of this page. More information will allow responses from members with shared experiences.
    Please click on the Welcome link below for more information.

Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History