Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

herniated disc process

so i went to a pt and all they did at first was traction, electricity and massages. no stretching or anything because he said "stretching and core strength will make it worst" but then when i went to first pt they recommended me to do stretching but at home not there. so after all the pt the doctor told me to do another appointment for epidural. now my question is, should i search for a new pt or just go with epidural? since i think stretching and core strength is a must right? 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,793
    Steven7

Not that you are doing anything wrong, but you are going about trying to get responses from other members the wrong way.
    If you don't mind, I'm going to point some things out so you will see what I'm talking about.

But first, did you take the system tutorial before any of your discussions? You should do that now. Go to the right of the page to Start a new discussion, at the top of the page is a link that will bring you to the system tutorial. Read that carefully.

Once you start a discussion and no one replies, give it time. Posting a new discussion worded different every day will not get any replies either.
    For example you posted on 3/28-help with exercises: 3/29-stretching:4/01-stretching:4/02-nutrittion and inflammation:4/03-stretching.
    You had 1 reply on each of those post. And the most important reply you got was from Liz, and I quote "There are no medical professionals on this forum. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to give any medical advice". We, meaning members, are also not capable or permitted to give any advice on exercises.

If you start a new discussion, give it time but stay with that discussion. Someone will eventually answer then hopefully others.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • so i went to my new pt and show him my mri. he said (what i already knew) that i have l4-5 s1 herniated. everything was alright, until he said to stand up and try to touch my shoes. I was like"what?" i literally told him 3 times, that bending over like that hurts. he wanted to know how far i could go. so i went on and risk myself doing it. i went down until i felt the pain and stopped. but 6 hours later and i still feel the pain. why did he wanted me to do that when i have an herniated disc? doesn't make sense. 

posted this now for an update
  • advertisement