Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Life story and Lifestory.

There is a life story...what your hopes and dreams are..or were.
And then there is your lifestory...
What happened between then, and now.

What is your Life Story
What is your Lifestory?
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• Life Story- Love, plain and simple.  Love transforms us.  It lifts us to heights unreachable, it consumes our thoughts and takes the breath.  It envelops while simultaneously generating passion.  It is neither definable nor touchable.  It is my drug of choice.  I long for its gentle caress, its intoxicating aroma.  It is my reason to exist.  Love is my greatest of Joys. 

Lifestory-Pain, the opposite of love in every way.  It steals our joy.  It devours our will.  It pulls us away from warmest of thoughts. It is the incarnation of death.  I do not embrace it nor do I wish it upon my worst enemy or vilest of persons.  It binds itself to our very soul, it is our constant shadow. 

As others I am sure will be more specific about their life and events I give you Love and Pain.  My best days are when I am under Loves influence.  When I am held hostage by love given and received, my reason for living.  Pain is dark, murky, soul stealing, treacherous, callous and unforgiving.  Just my thoughts and what is really important to me.

dmo

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,347
    dmo, I am sure others will comment on this discussion.  But for me, you words, simple as they may be are really very complex.  Your understanding of life's challenges and the many pitfall for a chronic patient is so real.

I thank you for sharing your feelings with all of us regarding this subject.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • Thank you Ron,

I am at a low point in my life here lately.  I just posted under chronic pain about trying to return to work. 

Positive comments from you go a long way to help all chronic pain patients.  I know they lift me up and I really need this inspiration now.  Let me know if you hear about any jobs becoming available, I think I am going to need one. lol. I think I have an old tin can I can cut a hole into to collect money.  lol.  I am sufficiently sedated and am going to bed.  Guess its time to buy a lottery ticket. 

dmo

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    edited 04/11/2017 - 8:33 AM
    DMO that is really a pretty accurate and tragic opposing views of pain and love.

Chronic Pain to me is like having heartbreak everyday in some form and having to pull yourself out daily. All that knowing it's not like the heart where time will heal the damage done after heartbreak.

Beautiful write up dmo
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,421
    dmo

I've had a hard time following that one because you said it all, so beautiful and heartfelt.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Beautiful!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Yes I have more time to create beautiful literature now that I don't have to work. lol.

• The life story
    Follows a Spiney journey for me.
    As a young feller...I had a terrible liking for a halal trainer I worked with after blowing up my knee in 9th grade or so
    Soo high above me
    Yet accessible

We could talk
    Laugh
    Be friends
    She..was attainable.

All I had to do was be brave enough to step up and quit being naturally shy.
    She was a senior at the time and had her share of suitors, 
    But little by little I grew accustomed to the idea that..
    Maybe..just maybe I could take her out
    She mearley smiled her gracious smile of a southern class and said about time you stepped up! Thought you'd never ask..

We saw ET
    we both cried when ET died..as you do.....

Striking up my courage
    I didn't have to steal a first kiss..
    All I had to do was ask.

Lifestory
    Chronic pain had me tied down until I got used to it
    Learned its ways and limits
    And then I got the courage to ask of life..again.
    And so I did.

I still hurt
    Still am very limited
    But every week...I ask life for that kiss
    And I get it.
    Bitter or sweet, it is still life
    You can live afraid because of what you think life is now...or take a chance

That first kiss was wonderful from a person who let me ask and didn't say no

Life..won't say no
    Ask.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,421
    My LifeStory has changed since I became a member of Spine-Health.
    I wake up every day and wonder who needs my help today (beside my hubby)!
    Who is going to help me with their words?
    How many messages do I have from members checking on me or needing my advice?
    I dreaded getting up every day because of the pain.
    Now I look forward to getting up, even though in pain.
    My grandson sent me a sweet card and said "It is amazing that you have taken the hardest thing in your life and turned it into knowledge to help others".
    That is what we have all done.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement