Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Laying on side numbness in arm

So I rarely lay on my right side because it's harder to roll that way for some reason but this morning I managed to do it without too much trouble but when i woke up my left arm was asleep. Never happened before.  Maybe just how my arm was sitting?
advertisement

Comments

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 920
    rae1112 - Do you by chance have disc and/or nerve root impingement issues at C4/C5 or C5/C6?   
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372
    rae1112

I know you had surgery March 9 from T4 down. Like you said, the way your arm was sitting.
    That happens to me a lot, I wake up with both arms in the air trying to wake them up. But keep notes on it, especially if it keeps happening, to discuss with your surgeon.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • rae1112rae1112 Michigan Posts: 147
    I don't know of anything going in in my cervical spine,  nothing ever mentioned.  I do get quite a sore neck especially since surgery and some swelling at the top of my incision just below my neck and on the side of my neck. 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372
    rae1112

You need to make your surgeon aware of all of this. Do you have an appointment?
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
    The 21st. 
    Just noticed after sitting a bit the neck swelling has resolved but I will mention it to the dr. 
  • advertisement
    My calves are sore today too. 
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,527
    You did not have a minor surgery at all!  You are bound to have some additional pain and discomfort in various parts of  your body..   Your body is adjusting to the fusion you had.   That does impact other parts of your body.  Our bodies are like a stereo system.   When one area is causing a problem, there is a good chance something else will start to hurt.

I broke my big toe the other day (the one with the Gout and Drop foot)  This has caused me to walk with a limp, which then in turn started to cause my hips to go out of alignment, which then effects my lower back, which then effects my thoracic area.   

While sleeping, my right or left fingers/hands/arms may become numb after sleeping on one side.  I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)  which sort of adds to the numbness I will get.

I would just keep a log of all the various things you noticed.  The numbness, your calves, etc.      Adding them all up might paint a better picture for the doctor to look at.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    Yes you are right I was just thinking how I need to write this all down so I remember to tell the dr. Next week at my appt
advertisement