Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

It's rough, really rough

I always get into trouble when I  post on this forum, needless to say I'm lower than a snakes belly.
8 years of fighting, searching, finding the light as t the end of the tunnel only to relize it's  a freight train.

Sorry if this offends but there is no other way to accurately put it. IT SUCKS!!!!!
 Please no tough love comments, that makes things worse, particularly from a stranger.
If I broken some rule, please allow me the dignity of a PM and not a public post.
Thank you. 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,422
    couchpotato68

Yes it does!! 
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • so that's what the light was!  Thanks for the warning couchpotato68

Yes it does suck and I am beginning to learn how to sidestep that after many years of pain.  It's a difficult path
    AJ
    AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • advertisement
  • gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 197
    Trust me, your not the only here  or feels this way. Its only been 3 years for me and my entire life has come to a complete stop. Sucks is not the word I use. I hate where I am. Tell me why you feel this way. 

Greg fisher
    Yep, I guess it's it's time we all tell it like it is!!

I had a pain pump implanted in Jan. Everything was great until the middle of March. Now, I'm right back where I was before but worse.
    It Sucks.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
  • Humm sucks I know some really ugly words that would top that but cannot say them here. You are saying how it is day after day the fight to get some relief how can anyone not feel that way so blast away I will join you. I cannot imagine how your post would offend anyone and if they said they have not been there then how lucky they are.
    Sherri
  • advertisement
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    That is the truth, and it's your truth in your life at this moment, no one can dispute that.  We all deserve the right to express how we feel, it's raw, honest and makes this place better.  Gone are the days of tough love here and people giving the everything gets better speeches.  Much more realistic place now and for the better.  Vent away, this place is for the good, the bad , and the ugly.  

And yes in my opinion this does suck, at times unbearably sucks, other times it sucks a little less.  But it does suck to be in pain and deal with chronic health issues.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    The number of people that are struggling are much greater than the ones that have figured it out.  

Ive said things about this life much, much worse on here in past haha.  You are good
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • No worries, it's all good. Yes, it sucks..the monotony, the unpredictability, the limitations, the stress, the mounting medical bills, the lack of gainful employment..the hits keep on coming. I say to myself there are worse things out there, but this is clearly almost as bad in my opinion. I say this because chronic pain is invisible yet is just as disruptive. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 427
    if you want to talk about, we are all here for you!  we all go through these times....and well, "it sucks" is just not powerful enough!  it does suck and WORSE!!!!!  hang in there.....
    chronic pain is awful.  wearing.  exhausting.  and just when we think it's starting to get better it slams us sideways again.  but we gotta keep fighting, because it's our fight and we're determined, and stronger than is possible sometimes.
    i want to send you a huge but gentle bear hug!  i never ever ever would wish this on my worst enemy....and i never ever ever want to go through this again.  i can say, with 100% of my heart and soul that this is the hardest, absolutely the hardest, thing i have done in my entire life.  ever.
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, decompressions, facet joints removed. cages L4-5, L5-S1, rods, screws, scoliosis reduced to 0*.
    June 2015: Inflam facet arthrosis L1-S, pars fractures L5 and L2, 70* lateral scoliosis with 110* rotational scoliosis on reduction, facet cysts with nerve impingements bilaterally L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, spinal stenosis L2-L4

As of today, it still sucks. I have to make myself get up and sit or walk, anything but lay here.
    But this is where it doesn't hurt as much, laying.
    I like what Meydey said, chronic pain is invisible yet so disruptive. 
    It's messing with me mentally now, I can't think straight or concentrate and am so frustrated.
    Ok, I had my rant!! Thank you for listening.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
advertisement