Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Heavenlyrae- My Story

Comments

• HeavenlyraeHHeavenlyrae Posts: 589
    edited 06/07/2017 - 10:03 AM
    today is a 3-5 pain scale i feel better then i had the past two days but ill have ups and downs seeing the NS next thurs pre admission testing friday clearence appt tues oh my its a cluster of seeing doctors 
  • decided to cancel the NS appt and just go with the injection and  see where that goes if it work it works if it dosent well figure out what to do from there pre op appointment tomorrow preadmissions went well had an EKG and normal vitals taken in 2 week i will be going to the amblutory  surgery center for injection as much as i am scared im ready to rock and roll
  • advertisement
  • so today the pain is not noticable i got a call from my PM doc office his nurse says the arrival time were looking at is 8:45 am and we live an hour away so its gonna be a long trip expically that its during mornng traffic hours the travel is worth it i will not let the local PM doc touch me hes horrible he is how i found out i had two (now one) herniated discs by paperwork so excited/nervous for injrction
  • heatng pad and blanket kind of day my legs are boothering me and i am at a loss 2-3 days of good warm weather i get  up this morning my legs and back hurt and im bummed......
  • 8:32 pm the sciatica pain is beyond a ten I took two ibuprofen and I can't get off the couch going to take the rest of my meds soon 26th hurry up!!!
  • advertisement
  • still beyond a 10 but still doing what i need to do 10 days utill injection gabapentin isnt working well heating pad is somewhat wondering if i should call the DR to see if i can get somthing else for the pain what do you guys think?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,522
    Anytime a pain level approaches 8,  you should be thinking ER or calling your Doctor.  At pain level 9, you should already be in the ER.  Once a pain level really hits 10, the person is no longer capable of making any decisions or taking care of themselves.

You are still 10 days away, call your doctor, leave a message or at least head over to the ER 
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • im going to leave a meressage whe the doc reopens after lunch
  • So I called my pain management doctor and he said he needed the okay from my psychiatrist to give me pains meds as he does not know what to give me that is safe so i called my doctor and he said I can take norco with my meds which includes klonopin and I looked up the interactions and what I found is it is not safe to take them together BUT my god nephew psych doc says it's okay so I don't know what to do but I trust my doctor I'm just confused now
  • so its been a couple years since this has been updated so...

ive had several injection types and trips to pain magement and i can say i have new problems i even had a 2nd opinion 

im 2 days from a MRI my last one was in 2017 and the PA i have seen offered alternitive medicine CBD oil or accupunture 

she listend to me and my conserns and she orderd the MRI and a back brace for help she commented that i have a great relationship with my psychcririst

my pain level is between 6-10 when i have days i volenteer its worse but even at a high level i HAVE to keep going i have no option im too young to have this pain i JUST turned 27 

the diffrence between this post and the last is i was seeing a NP and not a PA or the doctor the PA is conserned and said a MRI and seeing the neurosurgon wouldnt hurt because she think theres problems at a new level as i have what i had in my left leg i now have in my right leg i always keep in my mind that deep inside is a warrior that isnt afraid of anything because thats true 

my current digsnosis is DDD and Spinal Stenosis

advertisement