Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pinching and stabbing pains in lower back

Hi all,
I was not.able to go to my appt in April so now I must wait til May 3. I have recently started having pinching stabbing pain in my lower back that comes and goes. Also, when I lay down I can't get back up cause of extreme pain. I still have the low back lain of feeking like I have weights pulling my back down. I have no idea wbat in the world is going on with me. Is this normal and part of my healing process?
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,422
    Hi Ladylance

You had surgery in Feb, probably 8 weeks ago. You need to discuss this with your doctor just to make sure what it is. It could be nerves, sometimes they take a while to wake up. But don't assume anything, get his opinion. 

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thank you for your advice. Today has been a really bad pain day. I had to go get lab work done and I couldnt get out of my car because the pain is so bad. I called and left a message with my surgeon's nurse letting her know what was going on and I asked her to see if my surgeon would order a mri so he would have it for my May appointment to see what was going on. But right now I am thinking about going to the er.
  • advertisement
  • You need to discuss this with your doctor just to make sure what it is
  • ladylancelladylance TNPosts: 10
    edited 05/04/2017 - 10:39 PM
    I went back to my doctor and he did the normal.xray and advised me I was healing good. I told him  the problems i was having (listed above) and the new things has been I have a burning sensation in my upper left back part of the. leg and I also have been having sharp firey pain shooting down the left leg in the back biut the pain would disappear when it got down to my knee. For the last couple  of weeks my pain has gotten so worse when I lay down in the bed as well as when I try to get out of bed as well as getting out of bed.This pain makes me semi scream out. Today I had to go get an ekg and when I got up on the exam table 
    I couldn't lay flat wirh out bending my left leg. And I couldnt get up without the lab nurse helping me. Is anyone having these pains? I dont think an xray shows any problem disc would it?  He told me the next step for me is physical therapy and pain management. Because he has weaned me down to 5 mg oxys and I told him the 5's wasnt even phasing my pain. And I advised him that I knew and understood he was a surgeon and it would be up to someone else to help me to get my pain under control.  
  • tjlazerttjlazer TacomaPosts: 44
    edited 05/15/2017 - 2:28 PM
    I would say this does NOT sound normal, but everyone is different and depending on what you had done and the extent of the injuries.  I would follow up with your Dr.  It is not easy to know what is going on and we are not qualified to give medical advise.  And even if we were, would be impossible over the Internet.
  • advertisement
advertisement