Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Have You Ever Heard of Genetic Testing for Meds?

Previously, we have had discussions on this topic before. But for the new members I would like for them to know about it.
Have you ever taken a prescription for medication from your doctor and it just did not work? You go back to the doctor and he gives you something else.
That doesn't work. So all this time you are still in pain, not to mention the cost of the doctor visits but the meds itself.
There is a simple test, just a swab of your mouth, your doctor can do that will tell what meds work and do not work on you.
It is called Personalized Gene-Drug Interaction test. 
Also called pharmacogenomics, the study of how your genes affects your body's response to medications.
My PM doctor had me take it on my first visit with him. He said, why go through that when the answers are in one test.
We got my results back and we were amazed. No wonder I was still in pain.
Now, all of my doctors and the hospital has a copy of this. If I go to a new doctor I always give them a copy.
If you are at a point of nothing working or you are just starting on this journey, it might be something you would want to consider to discuss with your doctor.

Sandra
Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read my  Medical History
advertisement

Comments

•  Hi Sandra, I've had it done after several years of med therapy. Indeed it is a great help to those who have been the wrong type of opioid. Now the patient won't be considered as "difficult" when doctors know which one to prescribe. After testing, it's good to know I'm on the right medication for me. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 2,561
    edited 04/25/2017 - 10:52 AM
    I am so excited for this side of medicine for not just pain patients, but mental health.  I have spoken of Dr. Forest Tennant writings for years and he won't prescribe without this test and his results based of the genetic testing were impressive and when I first read it I thought it made so much common sense.  His story about a previous labeled "drug seeker" was tremendous for me to read, once tested and optimized she returned to work and lives a much better life, never went to ER again.  We all know how different meds can be for each of us.  I have heard they are starting to do it for anti depressants and this holds a place in my heart for my brother who struggles to find one and has had a very hard time over the years finding one that works with smaller side effects.

Exciting stuff !!!
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • advertisement