Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

MRI shows Herniated Disc at L5/S1 but on opposite side to affected side!!!

Can anyone please explain why my symptoms i.e Buttock,Leg,Foot pain are all on the LEFT SIDE! whilst an MRI scan that shows a Herniated Disc on the RIGHT SIDE!.After almost 3 years of the pain,4 Neurologists,4 MRI scans,and all the other tests,my last Neurologist, after reading the Radiologists report saying that the Herniated Disc is on the right side just threw his hands up in the air and said nothing more can be done for my problem as there's no way they will perform surgery due to the conflicting report.As a last resort i went to an Osteopath to see if he could do anything for the pain,so whilst doing the usual Physical tests he performed straight leg tests on both legs and was totally dumbfounded because this showed that the right Sciatic Nerve was dead and the left side was working fine!!.I seem to be a Medical oddball, so i just wanted to put this mystery out there to see if anyone else had this curious problem and hopefully how it was dealt with if indeed it was as i'm beginning to think this is going to be permanent.
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,488
    hello scallywag66

welcome to spine-health
    there are no medical professionals on this forum site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

below is a link to a very good article on sciatica nerves. i hope this is helpful to you.

sciatica treatment

also, please click on the welcome link below as well as the system tutorial for more useful information.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • carla44ccarla44 New yorkPosts: 3

Did find a doctor who would help u I have the same problem 

• advertisement