Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Rib pain after spinal cord stimulator surgery!

Hello, 
My name is Sheri and I am so happy to find this sight and to see I'm not the only person going through this. I had surgery in December 2016. Several hours after the surgery I complained of rib pain on the left side. This continued and got worse if I tried using the stimulator. I finally quit using it all together. I went to my surgeon and was told they have only had one other person that this happened to. They put me on Prednisone and the pain did not get better. In April I had had enough and my paddle and battery pack were removed. I had no pain in my rib for the first 4 days and was elated! Then it started again! I was "guaranteed" by my surgeon that this pain would subside in a few weeks. Well it is 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm as in as much pain as I was in December. I'm on steroids again! So far nothing. I'm also resting as much as I possibly can. (I live alone with two Daschunds) I use ice and heat and my tens unit. I am at my wit's end! This is so depressing. 
Has anyone else gone through this? If so please, please let me know what you've done for the pain.
advertisement