Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

ACDF C4-C5 3 Weeks Post Op

Underwent surgery on April 13th, and am already back to work (light duty desk job).  I also fly as the company's pilot, but do not plan on any flights until after the 6 week post op check up and X-ray review with the spine hospital.  It is nice to read other people's experiences and I appreciate reading others' posts and their perspectives on recovery.  I feel that my surgery was a success, as the nerve pain was gone immediately after surgery, and I have only had to deal with some mild unpleasantness from the procedure itself.  I have had some issues sleeping because old habits are hard to break, and find myself awaking from sleeping on my side.  This has produced some mild discomfort and pain, but is nothing compared to before the surgery.  2 weeks of rest prior to returning to work may have not been enough, but I felt great, so thought I could do it without any issues.  After 1 full week back at the office, I do wish I had maybe started with half days, or managed it a little better.  It is easy to overdo it when you feel like you are 100%, but only 2-3 weeks after surgery, clearly one's body is not 100%.  My questions for the future mainly revolve around restrictions and quality of life.  Will I ever be able to do yoga?  Not that I did before, but what if I wanted to? LOL.  Will I be able to play with my kids and be fully active?  At some point, this should be stronger than it was before, shouldn't it?  Or will I now be more susceptible to injury?  Thanks for sharing your experiences, and I would be happy to share mine for those preparing for this in the future.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello Dylan Lamb !
    While you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    For any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. You may be led to medical side.
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

Using search, you may be interested in reading****Recovery the Most Important Phase*****

Please click on links for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History