Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Recovery time after C6/C7 artificial disc surgery

I am 47-mostly healthy and active. I had C/6/C7 artificial disc surgery on April 19- so I am only three weeks post op. The nerve pain in my shoulder and arm appear to be gone and my Dr. released me to do low impact activities including going back to work where I do design work on a computer all day. I am only two days back to work but both nights I have come home and collapsed in exhaustion. The muscles down the right side of my neck and upper shoulder also get very sore and I am finding it difficult to work very long without aching. I had some muscle atrophy as it took a year to get my issue diagnosed, so I understand the neck and shoulder soreness.  I'm not here to complain at all as I am incredibly grateful to be free of the nerve pain. I'm just curious how long the fatigue in particular usually lasts? Laying around and taking it easy is not my strong point.  Additionally, I am so thrilled to feel like I have my life back that I want to get back at it, and want to do so as quickly as possible without injuring my neck. Any advise for dealing with the fatigue and the recovery period in general would be appreciated. - I asked my Dr. these very questions and he basically said recovery was patient dependent-  thought maybe some of you who have gone through this might elaborate.  Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Welcome jlmoreley 41 !
    While you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be useful to you.
    For any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. You may be led to medical side.
    The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

You also may be interested in reading****  Recovery the most important phase - patience ****

Please click on links for helpful information!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History