Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Going to a new PMD

First let me introduce myself, I'm a 32yo female. I have always been very active up until 3 years ago when I blew my knee out. I had an osteochondral defect which required MAJOR surgery. I was non-weightbearing for 6 months. I then had over a year of PT to learn to walk again. My knee still bothers me so my ortho sent me to pain management as he won't rx long term meds. Skip to now, according to my pm, my botched knee surgery threw off my entire body and I now have 2 herniated discs, DDD, and osteoarthritis in my spine. My pm put me on Tramadol 50mg twice a day. That did nothing! He wouldn't increase my dose! He wanted me to finished pt for my back to then try the facet injections. I'm all for the injections!! But as I told him I couldn't do pt with no pain management as I am constantly in pain and according to him I couldn't get the injections until I finish 10 weeks twice a week of pt. He again ignored me. My last visit I failed my urine screen. My mother gave me some of her pain meds (she has MS) to help me get through my day as I have a full time job and am a full time student. So of course I violated my medication contract and he won't rx anything. 

My question is: has anyone had this happen to them? My pm wouldn't let me go see a spine care dr Bc of our contract. Since he's no longer my doctor, I am trying a new spine doc. Any advice? Will he rx any pain meds? Will he make me do more pt before giving me the facet injections? I'm living in misery everyday and just need some advice on what to do next. Any advice is welcome! 
advertisement

Comments

• Just be up front and honest with the doctor about why you failed the drug test.  If you have been with a primary care doctor for a while, see if they will write a letter on your behalf.  It's no guarantee, but it may help.  With pain meds, no matter how bad your pain is, don't share with anyone.  I'm sure you realize that now, but it can really mess you up for the future.  If your pain spikes again, go to the ER.  They can legally give you something to help that won't go against you.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2