Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Need help? Chronic cervical pain

I have been suffering from extreme cervical pain for over 2 years now. Drs. have told me nothing is wrong. I do have military neck which I have yet to resolve but anyway. 10 years ago I was in a bad riding accident and was knocked out with moderate whiplash. I laid in bed for 3 months as my neck felt so incredibly weak but with therapy and medication during that time I seemed to make a full recovery. If I looked up too long though id see minor spots and if I over worked myself Id obviously be a little sore but I rode again , ran , lifted weights , hiked, no issues up until 2 years ago. I was really into lifting weights and was 22 during the time this occurred. there was never an exact moment lifting something and i heard a tear or suddenly felt something. it was more like I woke up with it the next day. It started in between my shoulder  blades more towards the right side and I would get little dizzy spells and headaches. mostly it burned like fire. eventually as the week progressed right at the bottom of my neck between my shoulders where the bone kind of sticks out i felt horrible burning up to the base of my skull and even felt like my ears and throat where on fire. my eyes would be very sensitive to the light and so much as my bra straps on my shoulder sent searing pain down my arms. One day it was so bad I could so nothing but lay in a ball and not even speak which is very unlike me so I went to the er and they gave me pain meds but sent me home without any further evaluation. this happened again as well and I was basically left bed bound. then about a month after it initially occurred the pain started to radiate down my back and one day i couldn't even walk or put pressure on my feet because my entire spine felt like it was on fire. I went to the er and they did an emergency MRI saying nothing was wrong except a few mild bulging discs in my C spine. now to years later and still no real diagnosis and treatment only being rest and occasional lidocane injections I need answers. its so much better then it was but still if im on my feet to long or lift even a gallon of milk or equivalent very long i will have neck pain for days. some days are better then others. if its not spinal im wondering if its muscular because the whole right ride of my neck the muscles are frozen and my shoulder. when a smile really big it just stays pulled down and everything is very tight. the question I had was after I looked at the MRI everything looked normal to me except for this area. for those of you who know what a pinced nerve looks like does this look like one? I tried asking my dr to no avail so any help is much appreciated.(edit by Moderator to remove images.)
advertisement