Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Vertebral Body Tethering (VBT) for adult scoliosis

Hi, I am 29 and suffering from a 70 degree curvature of thoracolumbar scoliosis. I live in Melbourne. My brother in the UK saw on the news that a teenager, 14, has just recently got the VBT done to straighten her spine and she's recovered well and playing hockey and netball! so that's pretty amazing. Does anyone know whether VBT has been done in any adult of similar age to me and how it went? Please share any information. Much appreciated. Thanks, Kay
advertisement

Comments

• xrobynxxrobynx Posts: 442
    edited 06/08/2017 - 12:29 AM

hi KayN

I had to go to internet and look it up..i did not know what vbt was. I found a good vid on you tube by a doctor in new York... I say it looks like some think you might want to look into..i found lots of good info. I wished I would of been a canadate for it but I fear I was too twisted..i feel strongly that you should look deeper into it. and talk to a doctor to see if you are a canadate.

edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator Removed specific doctor's name

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,433
    I thought this was mostly done in people that have bone growth left to go....?  don't know much about it though.
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement
  • well to be honest I only watch the video..did not do a lot of reading on it..the doctor I watch claimed to be an expert on that procedure and said he treated kids and adults, but that dose not mean adutls get that procedure. I still belive anything is worth looking at..no such thing as too much knowledge on your condition..i still keep looking stuff up and looking for new pocedurse and knowledge.
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,643

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I have to close it. If they return we can reopen the discussion.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.