Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Pain Meds problem

I have years of pack pain.  I was diagnosed with L4,L5 S1 with PARS Defect.  This is the L4, L5 and S1 are all without a disc and the PARS is a break in the V shaped bone below the vertabra.  This condition is so painful.  I had a back fusion surgery where the surgeon just stabilized my spine by screws and bars.  The surgeon did not put spacers in between the vertabra which I thought he was going to.  And, he did not fix the PARS by either removing the pieces or sticking them together.  Now, they move around causing me terrible pain.  I can't stand for very long and can't walk very far.  Forget trying to kneel down to put laundry in or anything that requires me to kneel.  Three months after I had the surgery, the Dr. refused to give me any pain meds.  I've gone to a different pain doctor who is an MD plus a bunch of long degrees.  He reluctantly gave me Norco and Tramadol.  This Dr. said the the Dr. who did the fusion surgery only stabilized the spine and nothing else.  No Attorney will touch this.  I found out that if you are a drug addict specifically Heroin, you can get a painkiller Methadone so you won't go through withdrawal!!  Then why are we treated like some druggies??  All I need in Pain meds that work like Norco even Tylenol #3!  I get such a hard time when I ask the Dr.s and I don't abuse it!  I take it as prescribed and I am constantly being given a hard time.


  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,271
    hello jovanella

    welcome to spine-health

    please click on the welcome link below as well as the system tutorial for more information.

    welcome to spine health

    all new members should take the system tutorial 

    i am sorry you are going through this. but it sounds like your pain is not being managed. is the doctor you are currently seeing a pain management doctor? that might be an option, find a pm doctor.

    take care and keep us posted on what you decide.
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    Please read my  Medical History
Sign In or Register to comment.