Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What can I do to ease or lessen this pain

I have had shooting pain in my lower back for about 8 weeks now. It just comes spasmodically and it is very very painful, I cannot move. I slowly get to move again.

Often this is when I have been sitting at my computer for a length of time. Or if I bend down to pick up something.

I had CT scans of the lumbar spine

There is a mild lumbar scollosis concave to the left. There is marked loss of disc height at L5/S1 and there are small osteophytes at the lower lumbar spine.

L4/5 Level there is a minor disc buldge with minor compression of the anterior theca. There are short dedicles and prominent facet joints and the canal dimentions are borderline

L5/S1 Level there is a trivial facet joint degeneration .

Please can someone else give me some sort of relief plan. My doctor seems to shrug off any significant causes.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,665
    Hello ciccarellom
    here are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
    Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • techorbusttechorbust Romulus, MIPosts: 15
    There's always a 2nd and 3rd opinion.  Just like a car one mechanic may say the sound the car makes is bad and another might just tighten a nut.
    Bulging disc L5-S1 with pinched nerve root.  High resistance to most pain medications and anesthetics.
  • advertisement