Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Returning to work as a nurse after ACDF surgery

Hi!

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking over the past couple weeks.   I'm scheduled for ACDF C4-5, C5-6, C6-7 on July 25.   I'm a nurse in a hospital setting and am wondering what a realistic time frame for returning to work.    I know that everybody is different with recovery but just trying to get a ballpark figure.   The challenge with my job is that I will need to be close to 100% ready to work.    I cant take breaks if I need to rest; there are some days that I don't even have an opportunity to eat in my 12 hour shifts.  Especially if there is an emergency on my floor and we need all hands on deck.

Like I said, just looking for a rough estimate and advice.  

Thanks!   Julie  
advertisement

Comments

• I would guess 3 months or longer. Definitely explain your work situation to the surgeon, and they will be able to inform you on your safest time frame 

• I'm an animal nurse and I was told 6-8weeks... I explained again what I do and they then said at least 3 mo. :( good luck on surgery day! 

• advertisement