Nearly asymptomatic severe spinal cord compression at C6-7 here. I'm so torn on what to do! Looks like my choices have narrowed down to a single level fusion or... living with the condition until the symptoms become troublesome (or pending an accident, i guess
Currently I can barely notice any symptoms.
- I do have hyperreflexia, which I have been told may be the remainder from my last spinal cord compression issue.
- In no pain whatsoever.
- Experience muscle twitching that comes and goes all over my body.
- Constant buzzing in my feet and random numb patches that come and go.
- I have an occasional heavy feeling in forearms and legs that doesn't stick around for a while either.
- At times feel a little tremor in hands, but that's fast passing.
All of the above seem so minor when compared to my last experience (loss of dexterity and weakness that resolved after my first ACDF) or when put against the risk of the surgery and long term effects of yet another fusion. All surgeons I've consulted have a different take on the timeline. Some suggest immediate intervention while others think it makes sense to wait and see.
Has anyone on this board experienced similar dilemma? Did you choose to go with a surgery or wait for your symptoms to develop? Were you happy with your choice?
Please, any words of experience or opinion are welcome.