Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Life after epidural treatment looking grim...

I posted previously about the issues I have been having. It's been two and a half years of chronic pain for me now, as a result of prolapses in my lumbar spine. I had an epidural back in January, and ever since my spine has only gotten worse. At first I was incredibly stiff, then the pain moved from only being on the right side to being on both my right and left side. While physio has not helped with the pain, before the epidural it helped increase my mobility, but now it doesn't help at all, in fact some days it makes me feel far worse. Before the epidural, I was getting by without painkillers, now I am taking medication every single day and can hardly move without them. In March I had an MRI so the consultant could see what was going on, and I was waiting until this week to have an appointment to actually find out the results. He basically said there was no way in hell the epidural could make it worse, which from my research isn't the least bit true. He also told me he can't see why the pain is as bad as it is from the MRI. I asked about the medication I've been taking, saying I am worried about my kidneys and liver, and he prescribed me something WORSE for your liver than what I was originally taking. I've been sent back to the neurosurgeon, but basically have been told there is no way he'll operate on it. Since I've actually gone through all conservative methods and am now worse than ever, I really don't know where this leaves me. I am at the end of my rope, I am close to giving up. I don't know what I should do anymore. I am turning 24 in two months, and I feel like my life is over. And I am completely positive that the epidural made my spine worse. All I have gotten from doctors so far is a condescending manner, I've been treated as though I am crazy. I don't know what to do... 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,488
    That's the problem with posting and then starting a new discussion again instead of posting under the original discussion.
    The story gets lost and we've got to go back and find the original.
    Try to keep your discussion under one post and you will get more replies. Like olderthendirt said "haven't read your previous post, you might remind us what the original problem was".

Don't get me wrong, you haven't done anything wrong. I'm trying to help you get more replies.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History