Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

nerve question

on a xray/MRI can a doctor see if a nerve has been moved or does the nerve stay in place just pinched by a disc?
advertisement

Comments

• A MRI can show nerves and they can move.  My surgeon showed my nerves to me on the MRI and showed how my nerves had moved forward as the gap between the vertebrae narrowed to virtually nothing.

Hope this helps.

Phil

• yes but im having an injection with i thin a xray thing and im worried they will see my nerve moved ive seen videos so i was just curious
  • advertisement
  • When I want for my discogram they guide the needle with a CT machine which uses X-rays. They kept hitting my nerve and gave up because they said the nerve had moved over that gap they needed to put the needle through.

• ouch that must have hurt i have the reidating pain in my leg hoping i injections work sorry for my bad spelling im still walking up

• It did,  Felt like a massive electric shock down the nerve each time he hit it.  Three times all up.  Then he threw his hands up and stormed out saying he can't do the procedure if I kept moving .As if it was my fault he was sticking a needle into my sciatic nerve.

• advertisement
  • HeavenlyraeHHeavenlyrae Posts: 582
    edited 06/28/2017 - 8:47 AM

time to see a new doctor then i try to hold still i make sure the docs and nurses know i have anxiety and i get nervous i ask to hold someones hand ive looked at vids of the injection im having it looks easy but my first injection i opted for sedation just the first time as im well aware theres somthing more serious going on but havent taken the steps to have more done until the injection is done

what i mean by  im well aware is somtimes the gabapentin dosent calm my raging nerves and my back hurts i wanna know why but the ijection needs to be tried first i didnt wait a whole month not to do it im going in friday to have it done after the doc changed the appt 3 times its finally here so im on a wait and see basis right now

• Most spinal injections are not too bad.  Yes they hurt a bit but the local helps a lot.  If you are stressed you can usually get a mild sedation. The disco gram was painful because the nerves had moved in the way.  My last epidural was not too bad but hurt when they injected the cortisone and anaesthetic.  If the injections help then thats good.  Mine didn't this time round so now its fusion.  Would rater have injections.

advertisement