Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Posterior fusion application of DTrax facet system under fluoroscopy

I'm scheduled for a cervical posterior fusion, indirect foraminotomies which will be done under fluroroscopy (xray) next week using the Dtrax facet system. This is a very new surgery in the states (I believe it has only had FDA approval for a bit over a year) however has been used in Europe for quite some time. It's considered a minimally invasive surgery with little downtime and good outcomes. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had this surgery or heard of it. I had an ACDF for a herniated disc a couple of years ago but this procedure is to offer decompression of nerves in C 6-7 due to bone spurs. Thank you! 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,169
    Hi javajacket

Welcome to Spine-Health

I have never heard of the Dtrax system but I did do some research on it. Very interesting. A fluoroscopically guided posterior approach to place posterior cages bilatereally between the facet joint of the target level.
    The Dtrax system uses disposable instruments for a spinal fusion. These instruments were designed for this procedure. And it takes a specially trained surgeon to do this procedure. But it only takes about an hour.

When are you having this done? Please keep us posted, I especially would like to know how this turns out.

Please click on the Welcome link below as well as the System Tutorial for more information.

Welcome to Spine Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial 

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • That is it precisely! I will keep you posted on the surgery, recovery time and outcome. It sounds almost too good to be true!

Thank you so much for researching and your interest!

Donna

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,271

Wow!  i had to look it up too.  i had posterior 10 level fusion done, they used a tracking system like that as well, only i was basically filetted from T9 through my pelvis wide open for access.  anything that can be done successfully less invasively has GOT to be better than the 2 foot long bandages changed daily for 2 weeks, 66 staples, 14 compression stitches and hives from the adhesive!!!!!  please keep us posted on how it goes!

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• Hello:  I had surgery 10 days ago, and had the DTrax cages installed in both sides between C4 and C5.  Surgery was done at 7:30AM and I was home by noon.  Whatever nerve pain I was experiencing in my left shouder and arm was gone the moment I woke up in the

recovery room.  The only pain/soreness is in the incision areas (two) side by side in my upper back right below the neck.  Muscle knots and spasms which come and go.  Occasional OXY and muscle relaxers and having my wife rub my back which works the best.  I wear a soft collar most of the time, but take it off to stretch my neck as it gets stiff.  Otherwise this procedure is easy.  Any questions I would be glad to answer.  

advertisement