Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Discharged from pain management! Need help.



  • Back injuries (among others) can have lifelong impact on someone’s career and overall quality of life.

    Worker’s Comp wouldn’t offer training or retraining programs to injured workers if this weren’t the case. Many times an impairment is permanent.

    If the impairment is severe enough then asking someone who’s injured to keep their original job is like asking a dead body to sit up in a casket and stop being so lazy.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • Many chronic pain patients have had to change jobs, work part time, or stop working altogether..doctors, nurses, teachers, etc. It is a sad reality for most of us. My point was, if he was performing strenuous tasks, it would make his problems worse. Ultimately it is his choice what he wants to do. However, taking opioids not prescribed to him is a problem. Kybluegrass came here for advice on his situation, but didn't like what he heard. His choice. It was given in his best interest so that he could avoid the pitfalls of breaching pain contract. 

    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • I'm new to this forum but certainly not new to pain management and it's ups and downs.  Kybluegrass, I absolutely understand where you're coming from.  And, while, as the moderator said, "advice is being offered in good faith, there is no need to be adversarial in answering," it doesn't feel that way, does it?  I've read the entire thread and I know pain that is so bad you vomit, you can't form a sentence, you consider suicide, you end up doing something stupid, like taking someone else's meds.  You attempted to defend yourself and explain your situation so everyone could understand it, yet that's not how it was received.  What I will say is this....understand that pain doctors are walking a very tight rope these days and many are looking for a reason to end your relationship, simply because they have to follow so many guidelines, they're under the gun.  You may feel pain physically but they feel it psychologically.  You're an adult and as such, you know what you're risking.  Have a sit down with your doctor and explain thoroughly that what you're taking isn't working.  Ask if switching to a different drug would help and see where it goes from there.  Be open and honest and let your doctor know how you truly feel.  I hear the desperation in your words and I feel for you so instead of torturing yourself any longer and constantly feeling like you have to defend yourself, speak to your doctor.  I hope you feel better and you and your doctor make a good team who can alleviate some of your worst pain and you can have a life once again.  Much good luck to you. 

  • i havw worked in the medical field for 10 years and in most states they have to follow your care for 30 days from the date of the letter and it is going to be very hard to find a new pain management to take you on because you where let go from the previous office. I would def. say call the PM office and ask to speak with your dr or the nurse who works with the dr and tell them what happen asnd at the pame time call your pcp and ask them to call also that may help  good luck

  • advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.