Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Lumbar fusion L4, L5, S1

Hello, I'm writing because I have questions and am kind of scared about the uncertainty of my future. I am a 42 year old male and i just had a lumbar fusion surgery at l4, l5, and s1 back on april 19, 2017. i came back to work on june 12 and i have a moderate to heavy physical job, At full capacity am supposed to be able to lift 50 lbs or more. my surgeon let me know that I may have to change my line of work. I have been doing the bare minimum at work and am still having trouble making through my day. today marks the beginning of my 4th week back at work and i am discouraged. still taking at least 2 hydrochodone pills per day as well as 900 to 1200 mg nuerontin. has anyone else had to completely start over after their fusion? I only know how ro do physical work and am limoing my way through. the surgery resolved most of nerve pain in my left leg and my drop foot, but i'm finding it dificult to make it through my work day. i have already left early on several occasions since i've been back to work. anyone have similar experience? i would love to hear about what you've gone through and where you are at.

thanks, Steve

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,196
    Hi Steve

Welcome to Spine-Health

You had surgery approximately 10 weeks ago but you went to back to work 4 weeks ago. You waited 6 weeks but went back to lifting, bending and twisting (probably without realizing it). 
    Nerve pain can last weeks or months. It depends on how long the nerves were compressed and how bad. But this is something that takes time.
    If you would like to read more on other's experiences, go to the right of the page to Surgery Buddies, click on it, go to the left and pick a month. There you will find discussions of surgeries and recovery.

In the meantime, please click on the Welcome link below as well as the System Tutorial for more information.

Welcome to Spine Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial 

Hang in there and keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History