Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

15 months after l5s1 need opinions

I am now 15 months from l5s1 fusion.......but I feel worse! Leg pain gone but now my lower back is stabbing miserable pain into buttocks. Getting out of bed or from a chair is darn near tear jerking. How many people still feel like someone is stabbing them in the spine when sneezing or coughing?? I'm awaiting a cat scan and the only thing did gave me was muscle relaxers.....im down right miserable in pain. Any advice????

advertisement

Comments

• I have had good success with a tense unit and a very very strong back brace. I have a broken L2 right now.  I eat aleve like pez candy. I too have muscle relaxers, but then I fall asleep and I want to....have to be alert.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,978

Is it stabbing like nerve pain? As suggested above a tens unit might help.
    Have you tried a heating pad or ice packs? When is your CT scan?

Below is link that might help you out with more ideas.

Sciatica Treatment

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement