=D> Finally, my NS office called and scheduled another MRI. They had tried me in a Closed MRI but I didn't quite fit far enough in. They have me scheduled for next week in an Open MRI that they say has a much stronger magnet than the one I had done in June.
The team where I tried the Closed MRI said my NS is very particular about the clarity and quality of the films. I am happy about that. He did get as far as to decide I need surgery on the C5-C6 level. He just wasn't sure if it should be Foraminotomy or ACDF. The former they go in from the back of my neck, make more room for the C6 nerve root, trim the disc with high speed drill. That's my understanding.
He did talk about the possibility of ACDF on that level too. As it is now I have this next MRI this coming week then I see my NS on Nov 4th. On that date I hope he finally comes to a surgical decision so we can get this taken care of.
Sure takes a lot of time waiting sometimes, don't it?