Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Are Roller Coasters out of the question?

advertisement

Comments

• Cause I love riding coaster and the like. I would never bungee, even if I had a perfect back, because I think it is a totally stupid idea. But, I think about hang gliding and sky diving quite a bit.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • downinmyheart said:
    Cause I love riding coaster and the like. I would never bungee, even if I had a perfect back, because I think it is a totally stupid idea. But, I think about hang gliding and sky diving quite a bit.

One Love,

Stephanie
    Even if my Dr. told me I could I wouldn't. I know my body much better than my Doctor. IMO they put the warning signs there for a reason.
    Good luck to you if you decide to ride
  • advertisement
  • I agree, the warnings are there for a purpose. I also like to "push the envelope" and do things I shouldn't. Sometimes it is self destructive, but more often than not it is just fine.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Log on to Cedarpoint.com

You can ride a virtual roller coaster or two from the safety of your computer chair. I get my "thrill down the hill" with my icepack firmly secured to my back!

Have fun and let others enjoy the real ride. Virual reality is enough for my aching back!
    Cheers!
  • I was wondering about things like rollercoasters and other things after my Microdisectomy. I am eight weeks post-op right now. How long should a person wait before...

Running?
    Riding a horse?
    Having a baby?
    Is it true your disks are at risk when you fly?

Thanks,

Haylie
  • advertisement
  • After a MicroD I wouldn't worry at all about roller coasters. I'd wait at LEAST 12 weeks, though, if I were you. But this is also assuming the rest of your spine is stable.
  • tears to my eyes.

But good luck to those who can. I hear some ppl get back to skiing and stuff.

I wouldn't do it for anything.
  • Of doing it live, I do think that is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • After a micro D I think you should be fine.

• After going through the surgery for my two level lumbar fusion, I don't think that coasters would be good for me. I am over three months out now and I cannot even jump just a little bit without consequences, at the moment.

Just recently I told my 8 year old daughter that I would probably not be having any more babies since my back is screwy. She says to me "Mom, don't say that you are making me sad and I feel like I want to cry." I told her that I would most likely not be able to ride a coaster with her, and she did cry. Boo hoo like. It totally broke my heart, and it amused me a bit too. Not her heartache of course, but her reaction to those two things.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement