It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test
The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
Code of Conduct
Last Updated on Jan 20, 2016.
Here’s what you need to know when using the Veritas Health, LLC Forums:
- Protect anonymity. Patients, doctors, and concerned family and friends follow the Veritas Health, LLC forums. Please keep your identity protected—we recommend that you don’t post or use your real name. Additionally, members are not permitted to solicit, compile, or use personally identifiable information from other members (such as through research surveys, etc.) without written permission from Veritas Health, LLC. Forms of personally identifiable information can include but is not limited to addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, or other contact information that may appear.
- Be courteous and contribute positively. If you’re not contributing to the forums in a positive manner, you may receive a warning or have your account temporarily or permanently closed.
- Use the search functions. The Veritas Health, LLC Forums have been here since 1999. There’s a good chance someone has already asked the question you want to ask. Please search before you post. This can avoid the creation of duplicate subjects which can get confusing.
- Stay on topic. Our membership encourages open discussion and debate as long as it relates to the topic of the thread. Posts that do not relate to the original purpose or topic of the thread may be moved to a more appropriate location.
- Don’t advertise (SPAM). The Veritas Health, LLC Forums are organized to promote discussion among patients and concerned family members and friends. It is not operated as a free service for promotion of your site, product, or service. Veritas Health, LLC (and the Veritas Health, LLC Forums) does not allow ads in your signature, stealth marketing, etc. These are quickly reported by our members and will result in banning and possibly blocking of site/product/service’s name from the Veritas Health, LLC Forums. If you wish to promote your organization on our sites, see our Advertising section. What about blogs? Today we allow a member to include their blog in their signature line, but do not allow it in threads or posts.
- Don’t cross-post. Post once. Posting a question or comment in multiple categories is annoying to other members and, if flagged, the post may be removed as a duplicate.
- Report inappropriate posts. Immediately alert the moderators if you feel that another member is causing concern. (Give a link to a page and show an example.)
- Respect copyrighted information. Selling or trading or posting illegally copied materials is a federal offense. If reported or otherwise notified of such actions, Veritas Health, LLC may report such piracy to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. Read the DMCA notice.
- Be courteous and open minded. Ignore members who can’t discuss topics in a compassionate manner. Please note: Members who engage in attacking a specific field of medicine or a specific person may receive a warning or be banned from that forum. Forum members should encourage positive discussion.
- Images, videos, and medical images rules. No pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, or degrading images are permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, strategically covered nudity, sheer or see-through clothing, lewd or provocative poses, and close-ups inappropriate body parts. However, medical images and videos may be permitted when and if approval has been obtained. Approval will only be granted if the material contains no Protected Health Information (“PHI”), and has no images of the patient’s full face. Images must meet all Veritas Health, LLC HIPAA policies on PHI.
- Kill trolls quickly. If you find a member that is clearly trolling, do not engage! Please report their post to the moderator team.
- Trespassers will be prosecuted. Trolling and spamming defeats the purpose of our forum and interferes with operations. Veritas Health, LLC will take any and all legal and technical remedies to prevent trolling and spamming on our forums.
- Be careful, once you hit enter your post is there forever. Veritas Health, LLC may accept requests to delete posts. However, even if we can remove a post, your post is permanently cataloged.
- Don’t be a poser. Do not claim to be a doctor or anyone that you are not. Impersonation is a crime in some states—don’t ruin your future over something silly like that.
- One account only. Just use one account. Multiple accounts are at risk of being banned and future registration blocked.
- We are here for you! We’re all in it together and we’re here to help each other. So, pull up a chair and enjoy the Veritas Health, LLC Forums. We hope you find the help you need and our members inspiring.
- Our moderators are volunteers. They devote their time to help the member community. They always need to act as professionals and have the final say in what stays and what does not stay on our forums.