The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD, PhD
Dr. Kaixuan Liu is a leader in endoscopic spinal surgery, which has bridged the gap between interventional pain management and traditional spinal surgery. Dr. Liu has substantial experience in this rapidly developing field, and he treats disc herniations, spinal stenosis, failed neck or back surgeries, spondylolisthesis, and many other diseases and conditions in the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. His patients come from all over the United States.
Dr. Liu is certified by the American Board of Pain Medicine. After earning his medical degree, Dr. Liu completed four years of Cardiothoracic Surgery training at Beijing Medical University, the most prestigious medical school in China. Dr. Liu relocated to the United States in 1990 and received training at Columbia University in surgery and anesthesia. He also completed fellowship training in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery at the Advanced Orthopedics of South Florida. Dr. Liu founded Atlantic Spine Center, in Edison, New Jersey and Advanced Spine Surgery Center in Union, New Jersey. Due to the growing demand for endoscopic spine surgery, Dr. Liu has expanded his services to Manhattan in New York City.
Dr. Liu’s devotion to high-quality patient care and deep involvement in technology advancement has propelled Atlantic Spine Center to the list of top centers for endoscopic spine surgery in the United States. Currently, he is a clinical assistant professor at New York University Langone Medical Center in New York City, a visiting associate professor in the Department of Orthopedics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, China and also a consulting director for the Center of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China.
As an accomplished clinician, Dr. Liu has performed thousands of endoscopic spine surgeries for patients with cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine conditions. As a teacher, Dr. Liu has trained hundreds of specialists in pain management, orthopedic spine surgery, and neurological spine surgery to perform endoscopic spine surgery worldwide. Additionally, Dr. Liu has extensively published his skills and experiences of endoscopic spine surgery in cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine in peer-reviewed journals.
Are you a patient in New Jersey, New York or Connecticut looking for a Second Opinion? Atlantic Spine Center now offers Virtual Consultations for your convenience.
Virtual Consultations are conducted over a secure, interactive platform designed and built for patients with neck and back pain, to meet directly with spinecare specialists virtually. You can instantly store and share insurance, medical history, MRI and CT scans, and pain assessments directly with your doctor. Save time on traveling to the doctor's office!
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD, PhD Can Help You
- Chief Endoscopic Spine Surgeon
- Bone Spurs
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Facet Syndrome
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foraminal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Upper Back Pain
- Diagnostic Testing
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy
- Endoscopic Microdiscectomy
- Facet Joint Injections/Blocks
- Facet Rhizotomy
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pain Management
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Fusion
- Spinal Probing
Accolades for Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD, PhD
- Founder, Atlantic Spine Care, LLC - Edison, NJ
- Co-founder, Advanced Spine Surgery, LLC - New Jersey
- Serves as the International Surgeon for the Spinal Foundations in England
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Fellowship, Advanced Orthopedic of South Florida
- International Society for Advancement of Spine Surgery
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP)
- American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM)
- International Intradiscal Therapy Society (IITS)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- Board Certified, American Board of Pain Medicine
Profile last updated: June 13, 2019. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.