Meet Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
Dr. Kanter is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
His areas of interest include minimally invasive spine surgery, lateral based approaches to the spine (XLIF), complex spine surgery, artificial disc replacement, spinal tumors, and spinal cord regeneration.
Dr. Kanter at a Glance
- Dr. Kanter is an associate professor of neurological surgery and director of the minimally invasive spine and fellowship programs at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- He has received several honors, such as being named among America’s Top Doctors and Pittsburgh’s Best Doctors.
Dr. Kanter is committed to alleviating your pain.
Dr. Kanter is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD Can Help You
- Fellowship - University of California at San Francisco, California
- Fellowship - Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
- Residency - University of Virginia Medical School, Charlottesville, VA
- Medical School - University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont
- Brain Tumors
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Osteoporosis / Spinal Fracture
- Pinched Nerve
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Ulnar Nerve Injuries
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Kyphoplasty / Vertebroplasty
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Reconstructive / Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Surgery
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
This was my fifth visit concerning need for surgery for pain control and possibility of surgical intervention. Two of these visits were with in-network orthosurgeons; two with in-network neurosurgeons and then finally with Dr. Kanter. The two orthosurgeons wanted to do surgery to release entrapped nerve and stabilize part of the spine with rods and plates. First neurosurgeon would not operate because he said I could come out with more problems. Second neurosurgeon referred me to Dr. Kanter. I finally have connected with the right doctor. Dr. Kanter, the resident who did my initial intake and all staff from receptionist to schedulers were amazing. Even when I had a question and called the nurses office the response was quick and she answered all my questions. Can't say enough about this neurosurgery department. It is still uncertain about my treatment plan until further testing is done but I know I am in the best of hands.— UPMC Patient
Dr. Kantor is prompt, thorough and professional. When it became clear that I would need back surgery, my wife and I asked around the medical community for recommendations; Dr. Kantors' name was overwhelmingly the response. I feel the recommendations were warranted and Dr. Kantor is worth his reputation.— UPMC Patient
Accolades for Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AANS/CNS Joint Section on Spine & Peripheral Nerves
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
12680 Perry Highway
Wexord, PA 15090
Profile last updated: August 8, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.