Meet Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
Dr. Kanter is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
His areas of interest include minimally invasive spine surgery, lateral based approaches to the spine (XLIF), complex spine surgery, artificial disc replacement, spinal tumors, and spinal cord regeneration.
Dr. Kanter at a Glance
- Dr. Kanter is an associate professor of neurological surgery and director of the minimally invasive spine and fellowship programs at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- He has received several honors, such as being named among America’s Top Doctors and Pittsburgh’s Best Doctors.
Dr. Kanter is committed to alleviating your pain.
Dr. Kanter is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in Pittsburgh, PA
How Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD Can Help You
- Fellowship - University of California at San Francisco, California
- Fellowship - Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
- Residency - University of Virginia Medical School, Charlottesville, VA
- Medical School - University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Tumors
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Pinched Nerve
- Ulnar Nerve Injuries
- Brain Tumors
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Spine Surgery
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
This was my fifth visit concerning need for surgery for pain control and possibility of surgical intervention. Two of these visits were with in-network orthosurgeons; two with in-network neurosurgeons and then finally with Dr. Kanter. The two orthosurgeons wanted to do surgery to release entrapped nerve and stabilize part of the spine with rods and plates. First neurosurgeon would not operate because he said I could come out with more problems. Second neurosurgeon referred me to Dr. Kanter. I finally have connected with the right doctor. Dr. Kanter, the resident who did my initial intake and all staff from receptionist to schedulers were amazing. Even when I had a question and called the nurses office the response was quick and she answered all my questions. Can't say enough about this neurosurgery department. It is still uncertain about my treatment plan until further testing is done but I know I am in the best of hands.
— UPMC Patient
Dr. Kantor is prompt, thorough and professional. When it became clear that I would need back surgery, my wife and I asked around the medical community for recommendations; Dr. Kantors' name was overwhelmingly the response. I feel the recommendations were warranted and Dr. Kantor is worth his reputation.
— UPMC Patient
1 / 2
Accolades for Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AANS/CNS Joint Section on Spine & Peripheral Nerves
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Adam S. Kanter, MD
UPMC Presbyterian 200 Lothrop Street Suite A-402 Pittsburgh, PA 15213 Driving Directions
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Three Rivers Wexord- UPMC Passavant Spine Center 12680 Perry Highway Second Floor Wexord, PA 15090 Driving Directions
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.