Meet Dr. Eric W. Nottmeier, MD
Eric Nottmeier, M.D. is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with the Mayo Clinic Spine Center.
His special interests are in complex spinal surgery and image-guided spinal surgery.
Dr. Nottmeier at a Glance
- Dr. Nottmeier utilizes the most advanced technology in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders.
- He focuses on treating degenerative cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine diseases and educating patients on preventative measures and treatment options.
- He believes in maximizing all non-operative treatment options for spinal ailments prior to surgical intervention.
Contact Dr. Nottmeier regarding your spinal ailments. He will work with you to determine the best course of action for your unique circumstance.
Dr. Nottmeier is a member of Mayo Clinic Spine Center
The patients who respond the best to spinal surgery are the patients who have been maximized on nonoperative care. Many spinal conditions can be treated nonoperatively. When surgery is required, we use the most advanced techniques and equipment at Mayo Clinic Florida to give the best outcome.
How Dr. Eric W. Nottmeier, MD Can Help You
Years in Practice
- 15 Years
- Fellow - Spinal Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute
- Resident - Neurosurgery Columbia, MO University Hospital and Clinics
- Internship - General Surgery Columbia, MO University Hospital and Clinics
- Medical School, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- BS - Biology, Truman State University
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Neck Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Lumbar Corpectomy
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Fusion
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Accolades for Dr. Eric W. Nottmeier, MD
- Professor of Neurosurgery
- Vice Chair, Department of Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic
- Member, START taskforce, Surgical Practice Committee, Mayo Clinic
- Co-Director, Mayo Clinic Florida Spine Center
- Co-chair, Section on Robotics & Image-guided Surgery, North American Spine Society
- President, Southern Neurosurgical Society (2017 - 2018)
- Board Member, St. Vincent's Medical Group (2017 - 2018)
- Local Host, Neurosurgical Society of America (2016 - 2017)
- President Elect, Southern Neurosurgical Society (2016 - 2017)
- Neurological Surgery, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- USMLE Steps 1-3
- 2019 Presentation Abstract Award, AANS/CNS
- 2012 Top Doctor, U.S. News and World Report
- 2011-present Top Doctors, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
- 2009-present Best Doctors, Best Doctors, Inc.
- 2005 The ISSLS Award, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- 2009-present Jacksonville Magazine Top Doctors
Office Information for Dr. Eric W. Nottmeier, MD
Mayo Clinic - Jacksonville, FL
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Tuesday: 8:00 – 5:00 ET
Wednesday: 8:00 – 5:00 ET
Thursday: 8:00 – 5:00 ET
Friday: 8:00 – 5:00 ET
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.