Meet Dr. Eric L. Zager, MD
Dr. Zager is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Penn Medicine.
He has deep expertise in spinal surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, microvascular surgery, and cerebrovascular surgery.
Dr. Zager at a Glance
- Dr. Zager can help you find relief if you experience pain from degenerative disc disease, radiculopathy, myelopathy, and more.
- He was recognized by America’s Top Doctors (2012-2014) and Philadelphia Magazine’s annual “Top Docs” issue (2010-2017).
Talk to Dr. Zager about solutions for your back or neck pain.
Dr. Zager is a member of Penn Medicine.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Eric L. Zager, MD Can Help You
- Fellowship - Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship - Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisana
- Residency - New York- Presbyterian / Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York
- Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Medical School - Stanford University, Stanford, California
- Spinal Tumors
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Gamma Knife
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Spinal Stenosis Surgery
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Eric L. Zager, MD
Dr. Zager is an excellent doctor. He never rushes you and answers all of your questions and concerns. He is an excellent surgeon with an excellent bed side manner. He treated me and my family with kindness and respect. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Zager.—
I had a wonderful experience working with Dr. Zager and his Care Team from the very first appointment all of the way through my follow up appointment.—
Accolades for Dr. Eric L. Zager, MD
- Neurosurgical Professor in Academic Excellence
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons, National
- American College of Surgeons, National
- American Medical Association, National
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve Education and Nominating Committees, National
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve, National
- Brain Attack Coalition, National
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, National
- Council of State Neurosurgical Societies: Medico-legal Committee, Young Physicians Committee, Pennsylvania Delegate, National
- International Society for Neuroemergencies, International
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society, International
- Joint Section on Cerebrovascular Surgery (AANS/CNS), National
- Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves (AANS/CNS), National
- Joint Section on Neurotrauma and Critical Care (AANS/CNS), National
- National Task Force for Peripheral Nerve Surgery, National
- Pennsylvania Medical Society, Local
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society, Local
- Stroke Council, American Heart Association, National
- United Brachial Plexus Network – Medical Resource Directory, National
- Neurological Surgery
- America's Top Doctors 2010, 2012-2014
- Best Doctors in America 2003-2018
- "Philadelphia" Magazine's Top Docs 2002, 2010-2017
Office Information for Dr. Eric L. Zager, MD
800 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
Profile last updated: September 26, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.