The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Jay Y. Chun, MD, PhD
Dr. Chun is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists.
He specializes in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery as well as artificial disc replacement.
Dr. Chun at a Glance
- In addition to using cutting-edge surgical techniques to help patients with back and neck pain, Dr. Chun performs general neurosurgery and skull base surgery.
- He completed his MD and PhD at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
For quality spine care, join Dr. Chun.
Dr. Chun is a member of Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Jay Y. Chun, MD, PhD Can Help You
- PhD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Brain Tumors
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Decompression Surgery
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lower Back/Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Laminotomy
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Thoracic Laminectomy
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Jay Y. Chun, MD, PhD
I was suffering extreme pain from severe spinal stenosis for two years. The pain radiated down my left leg to my foot, and I could barely walk. When I met with Dr. Jay Chun, he reviewed my MRI and immediately said he could help me return to a normal life and relieve my pain. He suggested this could be accomplished with minimally invasive spinal surgery done through a small incision in my back. He explained the surgery in detail, arranged for pain medication … and two weeks later, the surgery was scheduled. The surgery went very well and only required an overnight stay in the hospital. I am now three weeks into my recovery and doing extremely well. I even did a brief workout on the treadmill this week. I am so happy with the results of the operation as the pain from the spinal stenosis is gone. What more can someone ask of their doctor? He indeed is amazing.— Vitals.com
I am a very happy and healthy patient of Dr. Chun's. Without Dr. Chun's immediate action and care, I would not be. My scar looks amazing, and everyone comments on it. My recuperation has been smooth, and my prognosis is great. I highly recommend Dr. Chun.— Vitals.com
Accolades for Dr. Jay Y. Chun, MD, PhD
- Fellowship Trained - Complex and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Chief of Neurosurgery - Overlook Medical Center at Atlantic Health System, Summit, NJ
- Board Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Recipient, Medical Research Fellowships from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Recipient, NIH Individual National Research Service Award In Recognition of Stem Cell Research
Office Information for Dr. Jay Y. Chun, MD, PhD
Profile last updated: February 13, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.