Meet Dr. Michael Virk, MD
Dr. Virk is a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care.
He takes a multidisciplinary approach to treating spinal conditions, such as deformity, tumors, trauma, spinal cord injury, and degenerative disease.
Dr. Virk at a Glance
- Dr. Virk possesses specialty training in minimally invasive and complex surgery, and he uses advanced techniques such as intraoperative, computer-assisted navigation, as well as spinal endoscopy.
- He is interested in the long-term outcomes following spinal surgery, so he typically keeps in touch with his patients long after they leave, and he utilizes a team-based approach during the post-operative period.
Dr. Virk is committed to delivering outstanding care to every patient he sees.
Dr. Virk is a member of Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Michael Virk, MD Can Help You
Years in Practice
- 8 Years
- Medical Degree - Oregon Health Sciences University, College of Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree - Cornell University
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cervical Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Lumbar Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Neck / Cervical Spine Surgery
- Reconstructive / Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Cord Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
Accolades for Dr. Michael Virk, MD
- American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeon
- Distinguished Housestaff Award, WeillCornell Med
- Kirschtein National Research Service Award
Office Information for Dr. Michael Virk, MD
240 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
Monday: 9:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 9:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 9:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 9:00 - 5:00
Friday: 9:00 - 5:00
- Most Insurance Providers Accepted
Profile last updated: March 13, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.