Meet Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD
Mohamad Bydon, M.D., is a board-certified neurosurgeon who is fellowship-trained in complex spinal surgery and spinal oncology at the Mayo Clinic Spine Center.
He specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery (MIS) for a variety of spinal conditions, including back pain and neck pain, spinal stenosis, spinal tumors, spinal deformity, and spinal fusion.
Dr. Bydon at a Glance
- Dr. Bydon is Principal Investigator of the Mayo Clinic Neuro-Informatics Laboratory as a neurosurgeon and a clinician-scientist, . The laboratory is focused on data analytics, patient safety, surgical outcomes, and novel therapeutic treatments for spine disease.
- He holds clinical expertise many areas including stem cell therapies for degenerative spine disease and spinal cord injury.
- He also has extensive expertise in robotic and advanced navigation surgery.
- He is the Medical Director of the Mayo Clinic Neurosurgical Registry, a database focused on improving outcomes and safety for patients, which he utilizes as a clinician to improve his patient outcomes.
Connect with Dr. Bydon to learn more about your options for relief
Dr. Bydon is a member of Mayo Clinic Spine Center
"The best interest of the patient is the only interest to be considered." This is a quote from Dr. William J. Mayo and it sits on my desk at home and in my office at work. The relationship between a surgeon and patient is sacred and I feel fortunate to have had so many wonderful patients.
How Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD Can Help You
Years in Practice
- 13 Years
- Assistant Chief of Service Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine
- Clinical Fellowship, Complex Spine Surgery & Spinal Oncology Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Research Fellowship, Surgical Outcomes and Spinal Column Biomechanics, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Residency, Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Medical School, Yale University School of Medicine
- Arm Pain
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Chiari Malformation
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Disc Arthoplasty
- Endoscopic Microdiscectomy
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lumbar Corpectomy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Cord Surgery
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Accolades for Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD
- Inaugural "Transforming the practice through the use of Big Data" collaboration awards, Kern Center
- Safety and Feasibility Study of Umbilical Cord Derived Stem Cell Injections - Sabes Foundation
- Innovation Accelerator 2017 for the project: Facet joint replacement
- Recognition of exceptional delivery of the Mayo Clinic Model of Care to patients
- J.A.N.E. Award, "Predictors of the Best Outcomes... Grade 1 Lumbar Spondylolisthesis"
- Kuntz Scholar Award for Top Abstracts, "Predictors of the Best Outcomes... Spondylolisthesis"
- Editor's Choice article, "Rate and Characteristics of Vertebral Artery Injury..." World Neurosurgery
- Hibbs Basic Science Award, Scoliosis Research Society
- Best of Meeting Award, 16th Annual Meeting American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain
- Sanford Larson Award for Best Research Award, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Stewart Dunsker Award for Best Clinical Spine Abstract , American Association of Neuro Surgeons
- Neurological Surgery, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Walter Dandy Award for Excellence in Neurosurgery - Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins Univ.
- Harvey Cushing Hunterian Research Award - Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University
- Excellence in Research Award - American College of Surgeons Annual Clinical Congress
- Stewart B. Dunsker, MD, Award – American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Kern Center Practice Innovation Award - Mayo Clinic Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center
- Practice Innovation Award for "Using Practice-Based Evidence to Facilitate Neurosurgical Quality"
- Kern Affiliate - a designation of the Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery
- Best Oral Presentation - 35th Annual Meeting of the Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral
Office Information for Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
200 First Street SW
Mayo building W15
Rochester, MN 55905
Tuesday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Wednesday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Thursday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Friday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
View Dr. Bydon's profile on the Mayo Clinic's website
Like Mayo Clinic Spine Center on Facebook
Follow Mayo Clinic Spine Center on Twitter
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.