Meet Dr. Muhammad Omar Chohan, MD
Dr. Chohan is a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with UNM Health Center for Spinal Health.
He specializes in comprehensive surgical care for patients with primary and metastatic brain and spine tumors.
Dr. Chohan at a Glance
- Dr. Chohan maintains a particular focus is in the care of spine tumors, where he uses sophisticated techniques like stereotactic radiosurgery.
- He received extensive training in minimally invasive endoscopic neurosurgery at New York’s Weill Cornell Medical College.
For premium spine care, discuss your options with Dr. Chohan.
Dr. Chohan is a member of UNM Health Center for Spinal Health.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Muhammad Omar Chohan, MD Can Help You
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Fellowship, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York
- Residency, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Internship, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Medical School, Aga Khan Medical College
- Brain Tumors
- Chiari Malformation
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Insular Gliomas
- Pituitary Disorders
- Spinal Tumors
- Vestibular Schwannomas
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion
- Lumbar Spine Fusion
- Spine Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SBRT)
Accolades for Dr. Muhammad Omar Chohan, MD
- Director Neurosurgical Oncology
- Assistant Professor, University New Mexico
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- AANS/CNS Section on Tumors
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular section
Office Information for Dr. Muhammad Omar Chohan, MD
2211 Lomas Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Monday: 8:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 5:00
Friday: 8:00 - 5:00
- Most Insurances Accepted
Profile last updated: March 26, 2019. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.