The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Peter C. Gerszten, MD, MPH, FACS
Dr. Gerszten is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
He specializes in the treatment of spinal tumors and minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Gerszten at a Glance
- Dr. Gerszten is a professor of neurological surgery and director of the percutaneous spine service at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Dr. Gerszten is a pioneer in the field of spinal radiosurgery and oversees the instruction of this developing area of neurosurgery for both the American Association of Neurological Surgery and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
Dr. Gerszten is dedicated to your relief.
Dr. Gerszten is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Peter C. Gerszten, MD, MPH, FACS Can Help You
- Residency - University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Medical School - John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Brain Tumors
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Pinched Nerve
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Vascular Malformations
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Oncology
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Peter C. Gerszten, MD, MPH, FACS
Dr. Gerzsten explained the results of my most recent MRI in terms I could understand. Dr. Gerzsten explained my treatment options, so I could make an informed decision about the care I received.— UPMC Patient
This is the first time that I feel that I am moving forward toward resolution of my pain. Previously I had been sent to multiple doctors with no resolution.— UPMC Patient
Dr. Gerszten is simply outstanding. He and his team had the perfect balance of medical expertise and professionalism with bedside manner and concern. They also went above and beyond in terms of fitting me in when my pain became relentless. First, as was appropriate, they ordered me a spinal injection. We all expected that to help, but when it didn't they sprung into action and fit me in not only for an appointment but also for a surgery to relieve the pain. I simply can't say enough about Dr. Gerszten's technical expertise, leadership, teaching ability, and bedside manner. Erin and Art were also very helpful with their communication, responsiveness, and kindness.— UPMC Patient
This doctor was excellent. He could see that I am an "experienced patient." He sat and spoke with me and took into account all of my issues, not wanting to create more for me. I would definitely recommend him.— UPMC Patient
I have had quite a difficult time finding a provider that actually cared enough to get to the root of my pain. They gave me answers and options. It was refreshing to stand with a provider that was sensitive and determined to help me in resolving my current conditions. I'm actually looking forward to working with your staff!— UPMC Patient
Had a major spinal fusion at the age of 30. Dr. Gerstzen and his nurses have been absolutely wonderful! This surgery was the worst pain I ever felt in my life. The recovery has been extremely rough for me. They have been very compassionate and addressed all my concerns. Dr. Gerstzen is truly the best and he is giving me my life back in order to take care of my family. I would recommend him to anyone. I am very thankful for him! I hope this survery gives him and his staff the recognition that they deserve. I have seen a lot of doctors for my spine in the course of 18 years. I can honestly say that they are the best!— UPMC Patient
My experience was excellent. I believe I found the doctor who can help me.— UPMC Patient
Accolades for Dr. Peter C. Gerszten, MD, MPH, FACS
- Fellowship trained, Spine Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Delta Omega Public Health National Honor Society
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society
- North American Spine Society
- Paleopathology Society
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
- Pennsylvania State Medical Society
- Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Peter C. Gerszten, MD, MPH, FACS
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Profile last updated: August 8, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.