Meet Dr. Sheila Smitherman, MD
Dr. Smitherman is a board-certified neurosurgeon with Providence Medical Group - Southwest Washington Neurosurgery.
She expertly treats spinal disorders, such as disc herniations, spondylolisthesis, fractures, and tumors.
Dr. Smitherman at a Glance
- Dr. Smitherman has experience and a special interest in treating patients with tumors of the spine and brain.
- She has been published in peer-reviewed publications covering spinal tumors, intraoperative spinal neuronavigation, and brain tumors. She lectures on a wide range of topics in neurosurgery including spinal tumors, degenerative disorders of the spine, spinal trauma, and brain tumors.
Dr. Smitherman offers advanced treatments that can help you return to a high quality of life.
Dr. Smitherman is a member of Providence Medical Group - Southwest Washington Neurosurgery
The greatest thing we can do for our patients is to give: give them our attention, our compassion, and our expertise.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Sheila Smitherman, MD Can Help You
- Brain and Spinal Tumors
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Compression Fractures
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Trauma
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Ulnar Nerve Injuries
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Cervical Spine Fusion
- Lumbar Discectomy
- Lumbar Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Tumor Surgery
Accolades for Dr. Sheila Smitherman, MD
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society for Neuro-oncology
- Washington State Medical Association
- Board Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Sheila Smitherman, MD
615 Lilly Road
OLYMPIA, WA 98506
413 Lilly Road N.E.
Olympia, WA 98506
Profile last updated: May 16, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.