Meet Dr. William Welch, MD, FACS, FICS
Dr. Welch is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Penn Medicine.
His clinical expertise covers spine conditions such as degenerative disc disease, spinal tumors, spinal stenosis, myelopathy, and more.
Dr. Welch at a Glance
- Dr. Welch is involved in all aspects of spinal surgery, and has performed over 15,000 surgeries in his career.
- He was recognized on the Philadelphia “Super Doctors” list (2013) and in Philadelphia Magazine’s annual “Top Docs” issue (2015-2017).
If you experience back or neck pain, talk to Dr. Welch about what he can do for you.
Dr. Welch is a member of Penn Medicine.
How Dr. William Welch, MD, FACS, FICS Can Help You
- MD – SUNY Downstate School of Medicine
- Residency – University of Rochester Medical Center
- Fellowship – Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Brain Tumors
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Lower Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Upper Back Pain
- Lumbar Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Spinal Stabilization
- Spine Surgery
What Patients are Saying About Dr. William Welch, MD, FACS, FICS
Accolades for Dr. William Welch, MD, FACS, FICS
- Chair, Department of Neurosurgery at Pennsylvania Hospital
- Vice Chair, Department of Neurosurgery
- Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professor of Neurosurgery
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Orthopedic and Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- International College of Surgeons
- Neurosurgical Society of America
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
- Philadelphia County Medical Society
- Society of Neurological Surgeons (Senior Society)
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- 2013 "Philadelphia Super Doctor" List
- "Philadelphia" Magazine Top Docs 2010-2013, 2015-2017
- America's Top Doctors 2006-2008, 2010, 2012-2014
- Best Doctors in America 2007-2012, 2015-2018
Office Information for Dr. William Welch, MD, FACS, FICS
Penn Neurosurgery Pennsylvania Hospital
235 South 8th Street
Washington Square West Building
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Visit Dr. Welch's Profile on The Penn Medicine Website
Like Penn Medicine on Facebook
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.