The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Anthony A. Stans, MD
Anthony Stans, M.D., is a board-certified and fellowship-trained Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon with special expertise in the treatment of pediatric spine deformity with the Mayo Clinic Spine Center.
Dr. Stans at a Glance
- Dr. Stans is past Surgeon-In-Chief for the Mayo Clinic Children's Center and past Chair of Pediatric Orthopedics Division at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
- He treats pediatric spine deformity including scoliosis, kyphosis, spondylolysis and cervical spine disorders.
- He has been on staff at the Mayo Clinic for 25 years.
Dr. Stans is dedicated to helping you with your unique circumstances to produce the best possible outcome.
Dr. Stans is a member of Mayo Clinic Spine Center
I try to care for every patient the way I would want my own family members treated.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Anthony A. Stans, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Spine Surgeon
Years in Practice
- 25 Years
- Fellowship - Pediatric Orthopedics, Atlanta Scottish Rite Childrens Medical Center
- Resident - Orthopedic Surgery, University of Utah
- Internship - Surgery, Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Medical Doctor, University of Minnesota
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Disorders
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Surgery
Accolades for Dr. Anthony A. Stans, MD
- Past Surgeon in Chief, Mayo Clinic Children's Center
- Past Chair, Division of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic
- Past Vice-Chair for Clinical Practice, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic
- Ex-Officio Fellowship, Training/Qualifications for Practice Committee
- Member, EPOSNA 2024 Planning Committee, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Member, WLA Knowledge Source Group, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Chair, Fellowship Accreditation Oversight Committee, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Program Chair, EPOSNA
- Program Chair, Subspecialty Day POSNA Annual Meeting, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2017 Bronze Award, National Health Information Award Health Information Resource Center
- 2019 National Health Information Award -- My Scoliosis Story, Mayo Clinic
- Best Team Project: Afessa Award for Excellence in Quality Improvement
- Bronze award winner poster: 22nd Annual National Health Information Awards
Office Information for Dr. Anthony A. Stans, MD
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
200 First St SW
Mayo Building W15
Rochester, MN 55905
Monday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Tuesday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Wednesday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Thursday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Friday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
- Most Insurances Accepted
Profile last updated: June 29, 2021. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.