Meet Dr. Dean E. Smith, MD
Dr. Smith is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with El Paso Spine Center.
He diagnoses and treats back and neck disorders using a variety of individualized treatments, which range from pain management and therapy to surgery. He takes the time to carefully talk through diagnoses and treatment options with his patients, answering questions with compassion and clarity.
Dr. Smith at a Glance
- Dr. Smith and his team have performed thousands of spine surgeries, including many scoliosis and reconstructive surgeries for patients in Southern Arizona, Southern New Mexico, and West Texas.
- When he performs minimally invasive spine surgery, he applies decades of experience and deep expertise with the goal of reducing recovery time and maximizing effectiveness.
Visit Dr. Smith to learn about what's possible for you.
Dr. Smith is a member of El Paso Spine Center.
How Dr. Dean E. Smith, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Spinal Fracture
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Pediatric Spinal Disorders
- Lower Back Pain
- Post-Surgical Pain
- Spine Conditions
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Tumors
- Upper Back Pain
- Brain Tumors
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Spinal Fusion
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Upper Back/Thoracic Spine Surgery
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Endoscopic Microdiscectomy
- Spinal Cord Surgery
- Lumbar Spine Fusion
- Spine Surgery
- Percutaneous Procedures
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
Accolades for Dr. Dean E. Smith, MD
- Spine fellowships - The County of Los Angeles, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Downey, California, and Southwestern Orthopedic Medical Center,Ventura, California
- Chief of Spinal Surgery for The El Paso Orthopedic Surgery Group - June 1993 to January 2006
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Dean E. Smith, MD
10400 Vista Del Sol Drive
El Paso, TX 79228
Tuesday: 8:00 - 3:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 3:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 3:00
Friday: 8:00 - 3:00
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.