The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Harvey E. Smith
Dr. Smith is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Penn Medicine.
He provides expert treatment for back and neck pain, fitting treatment plans to your unique health situation.
Dr. Smith at a Glance
- Whether you experience sciatica pain, failed back surgery syndrome, scoliosis, spinal stenosis, or any number of other painful spine conditions, Dr. Smith is determined to help you feel better.
- He is an assistant professor of orthopedic surgery.
Visit Dr. Smith for outstanding spine care.
Dr. Smith is a member of Penn Medicine.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Harvey E. Smith Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- MD – Pennsylvania State University
- Residency – Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship – Rothman Institute / Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Endoscopic Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Spinal Stabilization
- Spine Surgery
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Harvey E. Smith
This provider was very knowledgeable, took time to answer all my questions. he certainly went above and beyond in explaining my condition. I would highly recommend him.—
Dr. Smith was very patient and spent ample time with me concerning my problem. I have full confidence he will continue to give me the best care possible.—
Accolades for Dr. Harvey E. Smith
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Veteran's Administration Medical Center
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Association for Collaborative Spine Research
- Lumbar Spine Research Spine Society
- North American Spine Society
- Orthopedic Research Society
- Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Devices Panel Advisory Committee of the Food and Drug Administration
- Penn Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Philadelphia Spine Research Society
- American Orthopedic Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Best Doctors in America 2015, 2016
Office Information for Dr. Harvey E. Smith
Penn Medicine University City
3737 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
1001 Chesterbook Boulevard
Berwyn, PA 19312
Profile last updated: September 26, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.