Meet Dr. John P. Dormans, MD, FACS
Dr. Dormans is an orthopedic surgeon and chief of Riley Children's Hospital Orthopaedic Surgery.
He offers deep expertise in complex pediatric spinal disorders, scoliosis, spinal tumors, and spine surgery.
Dr. Dormans at a Glance
- Dr. Dormans serves as president of Societe Internationale de Chirugie Orthopedique et de Traumatologie, the largest orthopaedic organization in the world. He previously served as president of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America and president of the Scoliosis Research Society.
- He is a tenured professor at Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. Dormans is dedicated to helping patients effectively manage their conditions and experience relief.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. John P. Dormans, MD, FACS Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship, Clinical Pediatric Ortopaedics: The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario: 1989
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery: Michigan State University, 1988
- Doctorate of Medicine: Indiana University School of Medicine, 1983
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Knee Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Pediatric Spine Disorders
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Stenosis
- Neck / Cervical Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spine Surgery
Accolades for Dr. John P. Dormans, MD, FACS
- President of the combined Medical Staff of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia from 1999 – 2001
- President of the Children's Surgical Association 1999-2001
- Director of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Fellowship at the Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania and Texas Children's Hospital
- Chairman of Board of Directors, Orthopaedics Overseas- 2003-2006
- President, Scoliosis Research Society 2014 - 2015
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia from 1996 to 2014.
- President, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America from 2011-2012
- Chair, Education Committee and Board of Directors, Scoliosis Research Society 2000 - 2001
- President, Scoliosis Research Society
- American Orthopaedic Association
- President, Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America
- President, World Orthopedic Concern
- President, Societe Internationale de Chirugie Orthopedique et de Traumatologie, 2018-2020
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 1993
- Orthopedic Surgery, 1988
- Who’s Who in the World -2018
- Becker's Spine Review: 10 Spine Surgeon Leaders at Larger Children's Hospitals- 2013
- US News and World Report “Top Doctor” - 2011
- Multiple Hereditary Exostoses (MHE) Research Foundation- Humanitarian Scientific Award - 2009
- Orthopaedics Overseas – Leadership Award - 2002
- Recipient of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania Jesse T. Nicholson Award for Excellence
Office Information for Dr. John P. Dormans, MD, FACS
Riley Outpatient Center
575 Riley Hospital Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Most Insurances Accepted
Profile last updated: October 5, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.