Meet Dr. Stephen Hochschuler, MD
Dr. Hochschuler is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and co-founder of Texas Back Institute.
He possesses over 3 decades of experience and specializes in lumbar spine conditions.
Dr. Hochschuler at a Glance
- Patients with complex spinal conditions and failed back surgeries are often referred to Dr. Hochschuler for evaluation and treatment.
- He is a founding member of the Spine Arthroplasty Society and founder of the Spine Division at the Veterans Administration, in addition to being a decorated United States Air Force Major.
Discuss your options for care with Dr. Hochschuler.
Dr. Hochschuler is a member of Texas Back Institute.
I primarily deal with lumbar spinal problems. I often am referred complex or failed spinal procedures for evaluation and treatment.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Stephen Hochschuler, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Back Pain
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foot Drop
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Joint Pain
- Leg Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Nerve Pain / Neuralgia
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy
- Spinal Stenosis
- ALIF: Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Anterior / Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Back Surgery
- Dynamic lumbar stabilization
- Epidural Spinal Injections
- Laminectomy / Decompression Surgery
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Lumbar Spine Fusion Instrumentation
- Medications for Pain and Related Health Issues
- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- PLIF: Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Revision Spine Surgery
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Stephen Hochschuler, MD
I really didn’t have any fears. I had heard Dr. Hochschuler was the best, so I prayed about it and was at peace going in to the surgery. I am grateful Dr. Hochschuler took a special interest in my case since I was so high risk. No one in Mississippi would take the chance to fix my back, but thankfully Dr. Hochschuler did, and was successful. Cheryl recommends Texas Back Institute to anyone suffering from back problems, because life is too short not to get the most out of it.— C. A. - Spinal Stenosis/Spinal Fusion
Accolades for Dr. Stephen Hochschuler, MD
- Clinical instructor, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Author of numerous books and articles on treatment of back pain without surgery
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Board of Spinal Surgery
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- International Intradiscal Therapy Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Stephen Hochschuler, MD
6020 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Profile last updated: April 26, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.