Meet Dr. Shakil Ahmed, MD
Dr. Ahmed is a board-certified and fellowship-trained pain medicine and management physician with Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care.
He has extensive experience treating cancer pain, neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, chronic spinal pain, sciatica, spinal stenosis, and musculoskeletal pain of the back and neck.
Dr. Ahmed at a Glance
- Dr. Ahmed relies on cutting-edge and minimally invasive procedures to treat musculoskeletal pain, such as injections, radiofrequency ablation, implantation of intrathecal pumps, and implantation of spinal cord stimulators.
- He collaborates closely with his colleagues in neurology, neurosurgery, and rehabilitation medicine, so that patients receive individualized treatment plans.
Dr. Ahmed is dedicated to helping you control your pain.
Dr. Ahmed is a member of Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care.
How Dr. Shakil Ahmed, MD Can Help You
- Pain Medicine and Management Physician
Years in Practice
- 15 Years
- M.B.B.S., Khyber Medical College, Pakistan
- F.R.C.S., Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glagow, UK
- Acute Pain
- Brain Tumors
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Joint Pain
- Leg Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Spine Conditions
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Upper Back Pain
- Accident and Injury Care
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint Injections/Blocks
- Interventional Pain Management
- Pain Management
- Pain Pumps
- Radiofrequency Procedures
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Injections/Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
Accolades for Dr. Shakil Ahmed, MD
- Assistant Professor, Anesthesiology - Weill Cornell, New York, NY
- Medical Director, Tri-Institutional Pain Fellowship Program
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Medicine
- New York State Society of Anesthesiologists
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Board Certified, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Board Certified, American Board of Pain Medicine
- Best Pain Fellow Teacher Award
- Best Teacher Award - Anesthesiology Residency
Office Information for Dr. Shakil Ahmed, MD
240 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
Tuesday: 8:00 - 6:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 6:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 6:00
Friday: 8:00 - 6:00
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.