Meet Dr. Andrew Block, PhD
Dr. Block is a board-certified and fellowship-trained clinical psychologist with Texas Back Institute.
He helps patients overcome emotional difficulties, cope with stress, and consider alternatives to surgery.
Dr. Block at a Glance
- Dr. Block helps with the management of medications and encourages patients to understand their medical conditions and the effects it has on their lives.
- He leads a chronic pain management program and is an assistant clinical professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
Dr. Block is committed to the wellbeing of his patients and improving treatment outcomes.
Dr. Block is a member of Texas Back Institute.
I believe that there is a strong connection of body and mind in both the assessment and treatment of pain. I encourage patients to fully understand and treat their medical conditions while simultaneously taking steps to gain self-control over both the pain itself, and the effects of pain on their lives.
How Dr. Andrew Block, PhD Can Help You
- Fellowship, Biobehavioral Sciences, National Institute of Health
- Fellowship, Neurobehavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Clinical Internship, Behavioral Medicine Unit, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
- PhD, Applied-Experimental Psychology, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
- BA, Psychology, Haverford College, Heverford, PA
- Chronic Pain
- Pain Medications
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Andrew Block, PhD
— T.M. - CoPE (Conquering Pain Effectively), Chronic Pain Management Program & Support Group
Accolades for Dr. Andrew Block, PhD
- Post-doctorate, Neuroscience, Duke University Medical Center, National Institutes of Health
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- American Pain Society
- American Psychological Association
- Fellow, The American Psychological Association, Division of Health Psychology
Office Information for Dr. Andrew Block, PhD
6020 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.