The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Learn About Texas Back Institute
There is a commitment to excellence at Texas Back Institute. It is one of the most comprehensive freestanding spine centers available. The multi-specialist team applies 40 years of experience as it continues to develop technological innovations in service of restoring patients to optimum productivity. The specialists at Texas Back Institute provide a full scope of treatment options, ranging from diagnostics and injections to highly advanced surgical and non-surgical procedures. For any path of care pursued, the emphasis is on the getting you back to your active self in the most precise, efficient, and safe manner possible.
Texas Back Institute at a Glance:
Explore the key offerings of Texas Back Institute:
- Texas Back Institute is comprised of 23 physicians across 11 locations, including the Scoliosis & Spine Tumor Center and the Center for Disc Replacement.
- Surgeons here have performed more than 3,500 artificial disc replacement procedures since 2000, when they conducted the first ever procedure of this kind in the United States.
- Texas Back Institute is known for being rigorous in assessment and treatment. Each surgical plan is thoroughly reviewed by a peer and more than 90% of patients achieve back relief by way of non-surgical methods.
If you’re considering receiving care for your back and neck pain, the leaders at Texas Back Institute are ready to meet with you. You will usually be able to see a spine specialist for an evaluation within 2 days of calling Texas Back Institute for an appointment.
Directions to our primary location in
Meet the Physicians of Texas Back Institute
Flower Mound, TX
How Texas Back Institute Can Help You
Type of Practice
- Spine Center
- 1 Psychologist
- 3 Neurosurgeons
- 16 Orthopedic Surgeons
- 3 Physiatrists
- The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission granted full accreditation to TBI for the MRI
- ACGME accreditation to TBI's Fellowship Program
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2019 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2018 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2017 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2016 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2015 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2014 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2013 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2012 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2011 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2010 Dallas D Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas: 2009 Dallas D Magazine
- Acute Pain
- Brain Tumors
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foot Drop
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Muscle Pain
- Muscle Strain
- Neck Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
- Accident and Injury Care
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Diagnostic Testing
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Nerve Testing
- Pain Management
- Physical Therapy
- Radiofrequency Procedures
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Fusion
- Sports Medicine
What Patients are Saying About Texas Back Institute
The Texas Back Institute team was wonderful. Everyone treated me as an individual, not as a patient. My advice for anyone with back pain – do injections first. But if that doesn’t work and your life is as bad as mine was, have surgery at Texas Back Institute.— A.B.
Texas Back Institute was a life-changing experience. I would tell everyone about Texas Back Institute – because, thanks to them, I finally have no more pain.— C.G.
I’m so happy I underwent the surgery and worked with TBI. It was the best decision I have ever made.— T.B.
Texas Back Institute was a life-changing experience. I would tell everyone about Texas Back Institute – because, thanks to them, I finally have no more pain.— R.V.
I had a 360-degree fusion of my L4 L5 in March 2011 and Dr. Michael Duffy was my surgeon. He had told me prior to surgery “We might be able to reduce your pain by about 70%.” I have no pain… I got the life back that I wanted.— R.C.
I had a SI Fusion at the Texas Back Institute and I am status post or after surgery – 5 weeks. I don’t even know how to describe it. Everything was just perfect. Everybody explained everything to me, everybody took excellent care of me…— W.
I’m a 100% believer in TBI. The surgery has done wonders for me – it was very much a life-changing event.— K.S.
Highlights from Texas Back Institute
Texas Back Institute Opens New Center to Serve Increasing Number of Spine Patients
Texas Back Institute, one of the largest freestanding spine specialty clinics in the United States, has opened the Center for Disc Replacement to serve its increasing number of national and international patients undergoing artificial disc replacement (ADR) surgeries. Since performing the first ADR procedure in the United States in 2000, Texas Back Institute has performed more than 3,500 ADR procedures with more than 10 types of artificial disc devices on patients who prefer the motion-preserving procedure instead of the alternative fusion surgery.
Office Information for Texas Back Institute
6020 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Monday: 8:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 5:00
Friday: 8:00 - 5:00
- 80 managed care plans
- Most traditional plans
- Workers compensation
3537 S Interstate 35 E
Denton, TX 76208
4370 Medical Arts Dr.
River Walk Building III, Ste. 230
Flower Mound, TX 75028
3164 Horizon Rd
Rockwall, TX 75032
5858 Main Street
Frisco, TX 75034
11970 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75243
2800 E. Broad Street
Mansfield, TX 76063
6045 Alma Road
McKinney, TX 75070
501 Midwestern Parkway East
Wichita Falls, TX 76302
4001 W. 15th Street, Suite 455
Medical Office Building III
Plano, TX 75093
4616 US 75
Denison, TX 75020
Profile last updated: May 3, 2019. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.